Wednesday 27 August 2014

Round 1: Yessam

1ST SPRING, YEARS 1-6


Aloitus

Inhabitants (in the beginning of the round):

Mama J Yessam: Elder Knowledge, LTW: Max All 7 Skills - Aquarius
Jenn Yessam: Adult Family, LTW: Golden Anniversary - Aries
Rich Yessam: Adult Popularity, LTW: Become a Celebrity Chef - Aquarius

Well, a funny thing happened and I ended up with 100+ pretty pictures of my desktop..
I was so bummed when I found out! So I'm just going to shortly explain what happened on those 5 days.

House
First of all, here's their nice little house. Rich and Jenn were able to get so many promotions that they could afford to buy a car and a telescope. Now all but the Corcorans have the cheapest car in different colours. Pretty funny, actually.

Portrait
A sweet portrait of them all, standing on their porch. And as you can clearly see, Jenn and Rich had a little boy during the round since they both immediately wished for a kid when I started playing. So a child they got. I was secretly hoping for twins.. Oh well, Jenn promptly wished for another kid when Tobias - the boy's name was determined by a random name generator - had his birthday, so they'll be having a second one next round. And no, Jenn isn't pregnant yet, she was always too tired when she and Rich were home at the same time.

Houseplan
Figured I should take a picture of the house plan since there are no pictures of the interiors, plus I changed the wallpapers and floorings (I just can't stand the carpeting, something we don't have in Finland - fortunately). I'm just wondering if I should take a picture like this of all the houses. Would you be interested to see how they really look like?

Jenn
Jenn2
First off is Jenn. She got a job in Education on Monday evening, and went to work every day even when pregnant. Now she's working as an Elementary School Teacher, which is a level 4 position.

Jenn3
Jenn met Layce Cooprider when she came by to welcome her to the neighbourhood, and then spent a lot of time talking with her about the baby. It's quite sad that Jenn isn't friends with her own mother.. I clearly need to work on that, though it's hard since Mama J spends most of her time skilling.

Rich
Rich2
Rich found a job in Culinary, his dream career, on Tuesday, and was able to get promoted up to a Host which is also a level 4 position. Jenn and Rich were quite productive this round work-wise.

Rich3
I feel I see the same faces on every lot - there's Marshall Upton again. And Corky. But as a Popularity sim, Rich wanted friends and he already knew them.
I find it quite hilarious that Rich has more chemistry with Mama J than with Jenn, btw. And yet, he isn't even friends with her.

MamaJ
MamaJ2
Mama J was very productive, too, when it came to skilling. She has already maxed her Mechanics and Cleaning!

MamaJ3
The downside of skilling non-stop is that then you don't have time to build relationships; Mama J has only one friend, her sister Beulah Norwood who doesn't even live with her. At least Mama J is wishing to interact more, wanting to teach Tobias how to use the potty.

MamaJ4
She has also worked towards hobby plaques, and is well on her way to achieving the Tinkering and Nature hobby plaques. And since Nature is her OTH, she wished for a garden which was built on the side of the house.

Tobias
Tobias2Last but not least, Tobias, who was born on Thursday, year 4, being the first baby born in Prosperity Fellowship! He's quite a nice blend of his parents, though he inherited both his fathers eye and hair colour. He does carry gray eyes and blond hair as recessives. Tobias is also quite a mean sim.. But we can live with that.
---------------
+1 point for a new sim, Tobias.
---------------
Well, what can I say: it was short and sweet(?). I'm still annoyed by the fact that I lost all the pictures.. There were so many nice things happening during the round and now you won't be able to see them ): The good thing is that I knew how to fix the problem, and hopefully this will NEVER happen again. And I liked playing the family.
That's about it.



6 comments:

  1. I never use to put pictures of the houses but people kept asking for them so I started. It is interesting to see how each of us handle the same or similar houses.

    Rich and Jenn recently had twins in my universe: Stefan and Hannah. They ran me ragged.

    Nice update even without the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to see pictures of the houses, too, so maybe I should start taking them. (:

      Good to hear that you liked the update even if it was a bit short and pictureless. :D And I have started reading your blog as well, looks very interesting!

      Delete
  2. I agree with you regarding carpets, we don't have that in Sweden either. Yay for wooden floors! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all about the wood here in Scandinavia (;

      Delete
  3. Carpeting must be an American thing! When I was looking for an apartment last year, for the life of me I coudln't find one without carpeting. With a cat and a dog it is nothing but trouble. I would rather not have it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and an English thing too (carpet that is) We used to have them all over the place and even in the bathroom too, not much now though. Shame about your pictures. It looked like it was an interesting round.

    ReplyDelete